Staff Spotlight – Mrs. April Miller

by Addy S., Kaitlyn W. and Hayden L.

Mrs. Miller is a wife of 18 years and mother to 2 high schoolers here at Welch as well. Originating from this area, she has traveled the country, and even parts of the world, and has found her way back home. Mrs. Miller holds a Bachelor’s degree in English/ Literature/ Social Sciences from Liberty University and a Masters in Education from there as well. She has spent years teaching her own children, and countless others in various capacities. Some of Mrs. Miller’s favorite Literature pieces are Beowulf, a Doll’s House, The Tell-Tale heart, and The Road Not Taken. Mrs. Miller’s class is built on respect, relationship building and fun. This makes Mrs. Miller’s classroom a safe place where all students can do their best learning.

What’s your favorite hairstyle? “I would have a different hairstyle everyday if I could.”

How would you describe your style of clothing? “Eclectic. It is different everyday because it changes with my mood.”

How many pets do you have? “Currently one, I started the school year with 2 but I had to get rid of my puppy because he kept jumping the fence.”

How many kids do you have if you have any? “2 highschool boys, here at Welch.”

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? “Chocolate chip cookie dough!”

Do you like the color pink? Yes

Do you like the color black?yes

Do you like Harley quinn? “Yes, but I like a lot of characters, both DC and MU.”

What three words would you use to describe yourself? Creative, loving, and quirky.

What three animals do you like?  dolphins, hedgehogs and horses

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? “I’d love to visit Paris.”

What three candies are your favorite? hersheys with almonds, giant sweet tarts and dark chocolate with sea salt

What’s your favorite animal? dogs

Who’s your favorite singer? Elton John 

What’s your favorite country?  “While I enjoy the freedom of living in the United States, I would love to go back to Nigeria some day.”

What’s your favorite food? Pasta!